Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Edges & BO8

 My lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  As usual now, I had first lesson so no circles and no warmup.  Nice ice and only 5 skaters.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- Mostly okay.  I'm getting a good push on the B edges but I need to be more consistent on my lobe size on them.
  • BO8 -- I'm now at the point where the RBO is pretty good, and I'm getting around fine.  The LBO is still a problem, and as far as I can tell it's all because of posture.  I really need to feel that R shoulder pulled back firmly and looking into the circle.  Eeep.  It did get better, but needs more work.
After my lesson I spent some time working on the waltz-8.  Bleah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home