Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 19, 2020

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I had to move my lesson this week due to work commitments. Nice ice, 8 skaters.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- a couple of times through these.  They were actually pretty nice.
  • power-3s -- most of our lesson.  The first time through I totally didn't remember to lift my free leg/hip on the 3 until the very last 2 on the L side.  Ooops.  So I did them again and while I did do that, they were actually worse.  So we spent a bunch of time, first with Holly holding my hand, on the RFO3s.  Not surprisingly, when she's holding my hand I actually stand up straight on the the BI edge before the step-forward.  We spent a bunch of time trying to get me to hold the RFO before the turn, with a little success.  Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home