Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I warmed up with stroking and perimeter XOs.  Nice ice, 8 skaters.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- still having issues with the RFO.  Ugh.
  • 5-step mohawk -- this was actually not bad.  I'm doing a better job of pushing back and not dragging my toe on the BO edge.  Just need to take my time.
  • power-3s -- these are actually better.  Holly's relatively happy with the 3 and so am I; though I still need to hold the entrance edge just a little longer.  We spent some time working on the step forward.  Holly had me skate on two feet after the BXO to help me stand up straighter before the step forward.  The idea is to get some muscle memory for standing up straight (not hunched over).  I'll work on this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home