Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, about 10 skaters.  I had about a 25 minute warmup, so I did circle-8 and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- ran them twice.  They were better!  The threes were better, even on the RFO3.  Gliding backward on two feet before the step forward is helping me do a better step.  Hopefully I'm building muscle memory.  Holly says eventually we'll trick me by picking up one foot :-).  We'll see. Still need to hold the entrance a little longer but even that was bette.r
  • circle-8 -- just like in practice yesterday, I was able to get around the whole time -- barely.  I did make the circles a little smaller too, which helped.
  • 5-step mohawk -- we did these a couple of times and then just worked on the L foot.  I use this mohawk for my spin entrance (it's okay there), so I tried to go into it as if I were going to do a spin.  I think that helped, because I was able to hold the BI edge (2nd step) a bit longer so it wasn't so choppy.  These are better.
Holly wants me to test, and I do too, but  I still feel like I need to be a bit more solid on this.  I need more ice time!

I'm going to send my skates for sharpening next week or so.  It's definitely time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home