Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Patch Perseverance

 I skated the Chandler Ice Cafe for patch practice today. Normally I'd have my freestyle lesson at Gilbert, but my boss moved our 1 p.m. meeting from Friday to today for some reason.  And, I'm sending my freestyle skates for sharpening tomorrow so I can't do a lesson Friday.  So patch it was!

I ran through all my edges for warmup. Okay, although my BI lobes were first too small, then too large. Uck.

From there I worked on FO8, FI8, BO8, and BI8.  On the BO8 the RBO was good but LBO was too small.  The BI8 was really weak. Ugh.

I finished up with waltz-8, including trying to skate the BO edge on two feet to work on the step forward.  Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home