Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 05, 2020

The Stick

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I warmed up with forward edges and scribed circles.  Nice ice and only 5 skaters.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- these were pretty nice!
  • BI8 -- our whole lesson on this.  As we started, I asked Danette if she had The Stick (it's a hockey stick). She didn't, so she went and retrieved it.  We used it to work on posture/body position on the BI8.  Urph.  The LBI is kinda okay (of course at this point I am NOT making it around the circle, despite the fact I competed this... what, 2? 3 years ago? grrr).  The RBI... this is where the stick is really handy.  It's very clear to me when the R arm/shoulder is not where it's supposed to be as the stick shows it.  We worked it a bunch, first with Danette holding the stick with me and pushing me around, then by myself.  This did help.  We'll need to work on it a bit more but I'm glad we made some progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home