Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Perseverance

 I skated the Chandler Ice Cafe for freestyle practice.  Nice ice, 6 skaters.

I ran through the Bronze moves, yes, even the power-3s.  Actually not that bad, except that I still can't get around on the circle-8.  I did a push test and I get about 12 feet farther pushing onto my left foot than my right. Ugh.  I'm assuming this is a strength issue since I was pushing onto a flat, not trying to hold an edge.  Ugh.  I need to get back to the gym, but I don't feel the middle of a pandemic is a good time for that.

I finished up with some spins and a waltz jump.  Spins were horrible.  Waltz jump was okay, though.

I sent my patch skates off for sharpening but I won't have them back 'til sometime next week, so no patch lesson this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home