Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

3s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I had a 12:30 lesson so I had plenty of time to scribe circles and warmup with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s -- we spent this lesson working on 3s, starting in the context of 3s to center.  The goal was to have more control over the 3.  We started with the RFO3.  Working to turn into the circle more and to hold the free hip back before the turn, and then to not turn so square after the turn (check the hip also).  I just don't have any timing on this anymore.  Ugh.  The LFO3 was a bit better.  We spent a little time on these on the wall, too.  Finished up with a little bit of waltz-8, again -- just the 3.
I'm pretty frustrated with this right now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home