Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Not so great ice -- 10 skaters and 3 coaches.

I got my freestyle skates back from my amazing tech on Monday, so I wasn't looking forward to the adjustment period.  I had about 20 minutes to warm up, though, so by the end of that I was fine.  Once again we worked on Bronze moves.

  • circle-8 -- I was hoping that newly sharpened blades would fix all my issues with these, but alas it was not so.  Indeed I was having trouble even on the LFO, which had been okay in the past.  We worked on it a bit without much success, then moved on.
  • 5-step mohawk -- not bad, actually.  I'm doing better at remembering to really push back onto the 3rd step (BO edge).  I did have some issues on the first left foot set but other than that pretty good.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- these were pretty nice.  I'm doing a better job at really pushing into each BO edge and getting a nice rip.  Hopefully that will impress the judges :-)
  • power-3s -- I'm still cheating the step forward (2-foot entrance) for the R foot.  It's all getting better though.  We worked on holding the entrance a bit longer and making some progress on that too.  They're still not as clean as I would like but I feel like I'm making progress.
All in all a good lesson!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home