Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Taking Stock

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Okay ice, about 9 skaters.

I had  a brief warmup, just stroking and a little circle-8.

For today's lesson, we started by talking about my experiences yesterday working on circle-8 and my push test.  We did it again with similar results -- my left leg push is markedly weaker than my right.  Not surprising, but it's enough to be causing me problems.  So, we worked through some exercises that Holly wants me to work on on-ice:

  • bend & straighten -- just stroking forward on each foot and repeatedly bend the knee and straighten it again
  • slalom -- just doing laps of slaloms, concentrating on deep knee bend.
  • BI edge/stroke w/tap -- alternating BI edge strokes down the rink, bending the knee and tapping the other foot to the skating foot.
Of course, when I can get back to the gym that will help a lot, too.

After that we had a few minutes left for spins.  I managed a couple of good ones amid some really yucky ones.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home