Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Perseverance

 I skated the Chandler Ice Cafe for freestyle practice.  Good ice, 9 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking, then ran through Bronze Moves.  Power-3s are improving.  I'm still cheating (two-footing) before the step forward on the right side, but I'm getting some muscle memory for leaning into the step forward so I am hopeful that I can soon un-cheat it.  Alas, the circle-8 still stinks.  Grr.

After my moves work I spent a few minutes on waltz jumps, salchow and a few spins.

Unfortunately, I forgot (until I was off the ice) to work on the exercises Holly gave me to strengthen my push.  Argh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home