Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 18, 2020

Spins & Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Holly had to leave early, and I was sharing the session with Jose, so we just had a 20 minute lesson.  Ice was okay, 9 skaters.  I warmed up with circle-8 and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- Ugh.  Had not worked on these in a long time and it showed.  I finally got a couple of good ones, when I chilled out and stopped trying to force things.  Eeep.
  • waltz jump -- just one.  It was okay.
  • salchow -- I actually got a really good one, first try!  So we left it at that.
  • toe loop -- we worked on these on the line again. I still need to bend the R knee more.
After my lesson I worked a little on Moves before I had to leave.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home