Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate. Good ice, about 10 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking and circle-8.  

Today's lesson:

  • BO8 -- just for grins I was working on these (don't normally do this in freestyle blades) so we spent a couple of minutes on it.  Apparently I am up on my toe a bit much; I could feel some drag that I don't get in my patch blades.
  • perimeter XOs -- not bad, actually.
  • power-3s -- mostly okay.  Holly said the first LFO3 was kinda whippy, and I agree.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- pretty good.
  • circle-8 -- we tried this a couple of times.  Blech.
  • 5-step mohawk -- okay.  Mohawks are a bit rough.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home