Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Spins & Brackets

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate. Nice ice, about 10 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- it had been a while.  I felt kinda clunky but eventually I did manage to get a good one.
  • brackets -- I had told Holly I wanted to learn brackets. It's been so long since I learned something new! So we worked on them for while, just the RFOB.  Holly held my hands for most of them.  It's a really weird feeling!  I tried one at the end by myself.  It more or less happened but I lost my balance right afterward. Ugh.
Moving my lesson to Fridays starting next week!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home