Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 29, 2021

Bronze Moves & Brackets

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Really nice ice!  About 10 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking and circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- these were really nice!  I was really happy with them and so was Holly.  I actually had some flow, and the pattern was really good.  Yay!
  • power-3s -- mostly okay.  I had some issues on the first time through the R side; so we did them again and it was better.  I realized midway through the L side that I am doing the BXO too late so I did them a bit earlier in the pattern and that helped me be set up for the step forward a bit better.  They're still kinda rough.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- pretty good!
  • circle-8 -- ugh.  I made it around all the circles (RFO just barely) except for the final RFI.  Urph.
  • 5-step mohawk -- meh.  I'm up on my toe again on the BO edge, so we worked on trying to use the push onto the BO to settle me back on my blade a bit.  Some progress.
  • brackets -- just a few minutes at the end, still working on the RFOB.  Holly's still holding my hand though.
All in all a good lesson!  I managed to skate 4 days this week, which hasn't happened in a while.  It was good!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home