Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Edges & 8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Nice ice, but a bit crowded.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- really, pretty nice.  Good speed and flow.
  • FO8 -- we laid all these 8s out in a random spot so there was the challenge of finding my center mark.  Eeep.  I did okay.  I got a bit forward on the very last LFO and couldn't make it back to center.  Grrr! In general though it was pretty good.
  • FI8 -- pretty good!
  • BO8 -- I was really happy with this.  Good flow, pretty good tracing and made it back to center.
  • BI8 -- still a work in progress.  Circles are small, but flow was good.  Having issues finding my center again though, but again with a random layout much more challenging.
After my lesson I stayed and worked on waltz-8 for a few. 3s are actually much better, but the step forward... not so much.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home