Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Circle-8, Brackets, Spins, Toe Loop

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Pretty good ice, but quite crowded today; about 12 during my lesson.

I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs and circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- I had Dave K look at my skates on Saturday, and he moved the heel end of the R blade slightly but said that it looked to him like they were really not too far off.  Unfortunately, while I did feel like the flow was a little improved, I'm still not able to do this RFO circle.  Holly had me skate some RFO long held edges around a circle to look at it.  Not sure what to think or do at this point.  I can have him move it more aggressively but it's tough because it's such a long drive and there's no ice.  The pandemic doesn't help -- ordinarily I could have worked with Jim H. in PDX on this.  Ugh.
  • brackets -- just a few minutes on these to keep working on them. Holly held my hands.  I'm getting a better feel for the 'snap' they need to have.
  • spins -- actually not too bad.  Even the worst one wasn't that bad.  Still need to focus on relaxing and not rushing.
  • toe loop -- I'm landing on one foot (yay!) but they are pretty cheated.  We worked on getting me to slow it down and bend the knees and let the R foot come around.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home