Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Toe Loop, Brackets & Circle-8

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Pretty good ice, about 10 skaters.  I warmed up with the first 4 Bronze Moves (not 5-step).

Today's lesson:

  • toe loop -- we continued the work I began on Monday on the pivot exercise, and then worked in the context of the 3 turn entry.  Some progress, but it's really hard for me to slow things down! Ugh.
  • brackets -- just about 5 minutes on these.  I'm able to do them with Holly holding just one hand (yay!) but they are still pretty rough.
  • circle-8 -- I'm starting these on the L foot.  I noticed that when I push to the R foot from the previous circle I'm really not turning my L foot out, so it's a weak push.  I made some efforts to fix that, and I allllmost made it around.  Eeep.  I'll try to focus on that the next time I practice.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home