Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Scribed Circles!

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  My lesson didn't start until 12:15, so I had an opportunity to scribe some circles, which I had not done in quite some time.  Unfortunately I still didn't get any warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- pretty good.  The FO were a little rough but okay.  Back edges were really nice.
  • FO8 -- on the circles.  Eeep.  Still fighting my tendencies to make that first RFO waaaay too large.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.
  • BO8 -- flow was really nice, but again, having issues with keeping my circles to a normal size.  Also the LBO I'm having a hard time holding a good position and looking into the circle so I can see my center.
  • BI8 -- circles are too small; I need to work more on holding that free foot in front in the first third or so.  Still, I did mostly get around so that is something.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home