Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Moves & Brackets

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, a bit crowded (10-12 skaters at peak, I think).  I warmed up with stroking and perimeter crossovers.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- a bunch of time on these.  We worked especially on getting me to not put my foot down on the step forward for the RFO3.  Great progress!  I need to practice this though.  Still, very pleased.
  • circle-8 -- the skate gods were smiling on me today because I did (barely) make it around.  I really need to work to turn my L foot before the push to the right foot though.
  • brackets -- just a few minutes on these.  Ugh.  I keep leaning out of the circle.  I did get one okay one, but Holly's still holding my hands.
We talked a bit about testing after my lesson.  I'm anticipating having more time to skate in the summer, but then a drastic cutback in the fall due to school.  So I think our conclusion is that I should try to test Bronze moves in June or July.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home