Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 08, 2021

Perseverance

 I skated the 1:15 FS for freestyle practice.  Fresh ice, but a little bumpy.  5 skaters.

I ran through Bronze moves.  Excitingly enough, I was able to get around the circle-8 just fine!  Sadly, when I went back and tried it again, not quite on the last (RFI) circle.  Urph.

I spent some quality time on power-3s, then just on the 3s themselves.  I would really like my threes to not look (and be) so rushed/forced.  I'm trying to apply the progress I've made in my patch skates but it doesn't seem to be working.  Grrr.

Finished up with some spins and jumps.  Several salchows, most of which were meh.  One nice waltz jump.  And no really good spins, although I did fix something that's bothered me -- I've noticed in the last couple videos that I'm not tucking my L foot in nicely on the RBI before the step forward on the entry.  I used to do that -- I have a great picture of me doing that!  So... I think I fixed it and I feel like it improves my flow and looks nicer to boot.  Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home