Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Circle-8, Spins, Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Nice ice but very crowded!  I think it was at least 16 skaters.  I was not too comfortable with that.

I warmed up with stroking and ran through all my Bronze moves.  I actually got around on the circle-8, barely.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- again, I actually got around, thought the RFO was just barely there.  Eeep.
  • spins -- actually, several good ones!  After that Holly wanted me to work on a squat spin from a 2-foot spin.... um.  I was not able to squat.  
  • waltz jump -- pretty good, actually.
  • salchow -- several not so great ones and finally an okay one.
  • toe loop -- ugh.  Just not improving.  Holly had me try one in combo waltz-toe and on the positive side, I did it (which I don't think I've done for at least 6 years).  On the negative side it was just as cheated.  Yuck.
All in all, a bit frustrated.  Also found out that there won't be a figures competition this year at Sherwood.  Don't know if that's a permanent thing, or just a relic of Covid, or what.  Dangit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home