Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Moves, Spins, Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, about 10 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs and started the circle-8 but had to abort due to another skater.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- these were actually really good!  I did a much better job on the RFO3s of not putting my foot down before the turn.  Still pretty flat after the BXO though.  Still, progress.
  • 5-step mohawk -- also not bad.  A bit scratchy in places but generally pretty good.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- pretty good.  I'm getting good flow on these and being better about curving that lobe, especially on the R foot.  I need to be more consistent on coming into the boards though so the lobes are the same.
  • spins -- not too bad, I got a couple that were pretty good.  I need to be more consistent about getting my free foot in though.
  • waltz jump -- good.  I was jumping more 'forward' than 'up' though.  Need to work on that.
  • salchow -- actually really nice.
  • toe loop -- we worked on these a bit.  I'm still struggling to let the R foot come all the way around before I jump.  Holly pointed out to me that on the best one I did the RBO edge was much, much longer than the others.  So part of the fix (what a shock) would be to not rush that entrance so much.  I still need to practice that back pivot as well.  Ugh.  

All in all a great lesson!  

 Looks like I will try to test these again in June.  Eeep.  Looking forward to getting back in the gym once I'm vaccinated so that I can some of my core strength back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home