Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Patch Perseverance

 I skated the Chandler Ice Cafe for patch practice.  Actually I had intended to skate freestyle, but when I got to the rink... I had brought my patch skates!  So there it was. Nice ice, 9 skaters.

I warmed up with edges, then ran FO8.  FO8 was a bit rough the first time but improved, although for some reason my flow was... just adequate, not great. Then I ran BO8 on a random layout.  Eeep. Flow was really good, return to center was okay, but my circles... not so great.    Especially the LBO was a bit cut in on the return to center half.

After that I worked a little bit on waltz-8, and then specifically on the 3s and the step forward.

Not much progress today.  It didn't help that I was overly social.  Oh well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home