Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 07, 2021

Moves, Brackets, Salchows

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, about 10 skaters initially but I think more like 12 by the end of the session.

I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs and power-3s.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- we ran these a couple of times.  I'm actually relatively pleased with them, except now the biggest issue for me is that I'm not really doing a crossover, i.e. I bring my feet together but it's not really a BXO.  Urph.  Still, I've made some progress and I still have some time, so we'll see.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- actually, pretty good.
  • circle-8 -- I actually made it around!  Barely, but still!  We'll see if this holds.
  • 5-step mohawk -- a little rough, in places, but mostly okay.
  • brackets -- Holly is still holding my hand, but just one hand, now, not two.  These are slowly coming along but I need to make them a bit smaller; I'm going too far out of the circle on the turn.
  • waltz jump -- just one... but it was really nice!  Etsuko said it was the biggest she's ever seen me do.  Nice straight takeoff too.
  • salchow -- mmph.  I had a really nice one yesterday but wasn't really happening today. Yuck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home