Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 05, 2021

All My 8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 1:15 FS.  There's no ice on Thursday for Chandler so we moved my lesson.  Despite the fact I had my vaccination this morning ("Fauci Ouchie" #2!) I was fine.  Nice ice and just 4 skaters.  I just had 5 minutes to scribe circles.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- FO were a bit... off.  Just not good edges, so we did them again.  The rest were pretty good.
  • FO8 -- a little rough, just like w/edges.  Just not quite over my edge.  They did improve, though.
  • FI8 -- just one circle each side.  Nice.
  • BO8 -- just one circle each side.  Pretty good.
  • BI8 -- just one circle each side.  We spent a little extra time on it; I need to turn into the circle more and stay that way. Eeep.
  • waltz-8 -- meh.  3s were actually almost okay, but still need lots of improvement on the step forward.
After my lesson I had about 10 minutes so I worked on the BI8 some more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home