Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 12, 2021

Back 8s, Waltz 8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 1:15 FS at Chandler.  We moved earlier in the week due to Fiesta Skate this week.  I had time to scribe circles and do forward edges as a warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • back edges -- pretty good!  Nice flow. I did have a small issue when I started the BI edges, so we started them over.
  • BO8 -- this was THE BEST I'VE EVER DONE.  Like, wow!  Great flow, good circle size, good circle size, decent tracing.  I was really happy!  
  • BI8 -- Eeep.  Actually, pretty good flow and power.  We spent some time working on the RBI to have better posture, like the LBI.  It's so hard for me to keep the free foot/leg close on the RBI!  I really want to extend that leg and lean forward.  UGH.  We did make some good progress though.
  • waltz-8 - ran through one circle each side, and then spent the remainder of our time working on the step forward as it's def. the biggest problem right now -- we just worked the R side step forward (so that's an LBO-RFO step forward). I need to turn my foot under me and it's not quite happening. Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home