Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Spins, Brackets, Toe Loop

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, 9 skaters.  I warmed up running through all the Bronze moves.  Not bad -- I got around the circle-8 (barely). The rest of them were not bad, although the 5-step mohawk is still a bit scratchy.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- I did a really good spin right before my lesson, and then actually managed an even better one as we started.  Yay!.  The subsequent ones were not as good, so clearly I still need to work on consistency.
  • FO brackets -- these are slowly improving.  Holly's still holding my back hand -- I should try without on Monday.  They are still too slow tempo-wise and I am not coming out of the turn quickly enough to settle back on the BI edge promptly.
  • toe loops -- just a few minutes on these.  They were not good :-(.
I also played my proposed new free skate music for Holly.  She likes it, so that's good.  I'm not actually sure if I'll even be able to compete next year due to my school schedule -- we'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home