Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Waltz-8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Good ice but a bit more crowded than usual; 14 people signed up and I think 12 actually on the ice.

I had 2nd lesson so I scribed circles and did my forward edges as warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • back edges -- we did the BO edges twice as I was just a bit sloppy on managing the free leg/foot.  BI was pretty good.  I do need to do a better job of getting my weight more in the middle of the blade immediately after the initial push though.
  • waltz-8 -- most of our time on this.  We ran it on my circle and then spent more time on the step forward and a little on the 3.  We especially worked the step forward on the L side (so, from an RBO). Ugh.  Danette had me try it on two feet to get a feel for how far I need to twist.  I *should* be feeling twist in my torso when I'm stepping forward and often I am not.  Also in the hips, but more on the torso.  Not a lot of progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home