Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Moves & Brackets

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, about 8 skaters when I got on but probably 12 by the time I was done.  I warmed up with stroking, then perimeter XOs, power-3s, circle-8 and 5-step mohawk (I had to work around some people).

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- pretty good, actually.
  • 5-step mohawk - a little rough still on the BO edge (up on my toe too much)
  • circle-8 -- I got around! (barely)
  • BXOs to BO edges -- pretty good, actually.
  • brackets -- I was not able to make myself attempt these on my own on Monday.  So, Holly held my hand and we did some more, and then some varying levels of not holding my hand.  I did eventually get myself to do an LFOB although I fell right after. Still, it happened! Need to keep working this.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home