Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

5-Step Mohawk & Brackets

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice and 8 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking, then ran the Bronze Moves.  Amazingly enough I actually made it around just fine on the circle-8. After that I did a waltz jump and then worked on salchow.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step Mohawk -- we ran through these a couple of times.  The R side is generally okay but the L side is still a bit rough.  It did improve a little.
  • brackets -- we worked on the FO brackets to start.  Holly's just barely holding my back hand on these.  They need to be quicker! The tempo is too slow so there's too much time curving in and out.  They need to be smaller/shallower, i.e. quicker.  At the end we did a couple of RFIBs that were actually relatively easy.
Still looking to test Bronze Moves this summer.  I'm going to work with Danette on the circle-8 tomorrow in my freestyle boots as I feel like I want more time on them and a different set of eyes.  Ugh.

I had Holly look at my boots -- they are getting a bit worn.  I'll need to start saving for a new pair, maybe in the fall.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home