Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 07, 2021

Skativersary!

 Today is my 18th Skativersary!

On this day 18 years ago I first set foot on the ice.  You can read about it here.  Wow, if my skating was born that day, today it's an adult!

A lot has changed.  Since that time I've had 5 primary coaches and 3 secondary coaches (figures and MIF).  Thank you Coaches Anna, Lucy, Sonya, Kelli, JJ, Lynne, Holly and Danette!

I've competed -- a lot. 30 times? 40? Probably close to 40.  Wow.

On the "I'm disappointed" part -- I've still only passed two US Figure Skating tests (APB Moves and Free Skate).  I have so many things I've wanted to learn but have not, due to... lack of talent?  Ice time? Equipment?  I don't know.  I have a good waltz jump, a salchow that is inconsistent, and a cheated toe loop.  

On the positive side, my spins have greatly improved in the last couple of years.  I've had a lot of great experiences and made many, many friends.  I have great memories.  On the whole I have to say that this journey I never expected to take has changed my life and my self-image so much.  I'm really grateful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home