Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 06, 2021

FO8, Waltz-8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I had just enough time to scribe circles but didn't get a warmup.  My fault for poor use of my time.  Good ice, about 8 skaters.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- eep.  My FO edges were not good at all.  My posture was poor and I couldn't get on a decent edge.  The second time was better but still not great.  FI were better, and my back edges were pretty decent.
  • FO8 --I was NOT getting around the RFO.  What the heck? Not sure what the deal was.  I hate it when this happens.
  • waltz-8 -- We worked on these a bit and then worked just on the step forward.  The R side step forward is a little improved; I was doing better at keeping the free foot close and then bending the knee/flexing the ankle before the step forward.  The L side was not good though.  Uck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home