Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 07, 2021

Perseverance

 I skated the 1:30 p.m. FS at Chandler for freestyle practice.  Good ice, a bit crowded (10 skaters) with everyone running programs. This session was on the west rink, which I haven't skated at much but I've been told is usually the surface for tests so it's good to be on this ice.

I warmed up with stroking and then ran the Bronze moves test. I felt just a bit off, probably because I'd not skated since last Wednesday.  The moves were mostly okay; in particular the circle-8 actually happened.

After the run through I spent some time working on the power-3s, and especially trying to get a better BXO on the R side.  Not a lot of progress though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home