Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate. Good ice, about 14 skaters.  I warmed up with perimeter XOs and power-3s.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- not bad.  Flow was not as good as usual, but okay.
  • power-3s -- about the same. After the runthrough we came back and worked on them more to get the BXO to be a real BXO and improve the pattern.  I moved the initial 3-turn a bit earlier so that my axis would be not on the dots -- Holly pointed out that the axis doesn't have to be on the dots, and it doesn't make sense to have the first 3 on the dot and then subsequent ones closer to the boards.  This way my axis is consistent.  Then we worked on bringing the BXO around more.  The first one was not good (put my foot down) but after that they did improve.  I really need to work these in the 3 weeks left to me.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- good.  
  • circle-8 -- actually okay!  
  • 5-step mohawk -- okay.  We worked some more on them after the run through to get me to settle down into the ice a bit more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home