Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 28, 2021

Bronze Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I was running a bit late but we did get a full lesson in.  I warmed up with stroking.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- pretty good.
  • power-3s -- the actual BXO definitely needs work.  In general I think these are okay except that they need to be 'lobier' and not so straight-line as they are now.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- I think these are pretty good.
  • circle-8 -- we ran these in the run through and then came back to do them again 3 more times. We practiced finding a clean spot of ice.  The first time was not so good but they got better.  I still need to push harder on the RFO and RBI; and we worked a lot on sitting back on the blade more.
  • 5-step mohawk -- okay.  I still feel a bit uncontrolled but not too bad.
  • FI brackets --  just a couple of minutes on these.  I actually keep going from FI to BI which I guess would make it a counter?  Anyway we worked both sides.  The FI definitely seems easier than the FO.
A good lesson.  Test is 4 weeks from tomorrow.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home