Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Waltz-8 Elements

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult FS.  Good ice (we're on the west rink now), but a bit crowded.  I had first lesson, so no warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- bleah.  I just felt a bit... off.  And my feet hurt, and it was difficult to work with so many people skating around.  Things were okay, but not my best for sure.
  • step forward -- we spent most of the lesson working on this.  It's definitely one of my biggest problems; I need to stand up straight and then just TURN my body. Ugh.
  • 3s -- just a couple of minutes on these.  I really lack control on them.  Urph.
The high point of the day was seeing both Karina M. and Sammi U.!  Karina was just leaving and Sammi was on my session.  I had not seen Karina in literally years and Sammi, probably a couple.  Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home