Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Circle-8

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, about 12-14 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking, then ran the first four Bronze moves.

For today's lesson we spent all of our time on the circle-8 since that's the point of biggest concern.  I'd like to say we made some progress, but no.  I really don't know what is going on and Holly doesn't either; this was fine on Friday, so it's either the sharpening, or, I'm being mental about the sharpening (this is definitely possible).  All I know is that I'm testing a week from Saturday and now I can't do this move.

Holly suggested I might consider taking the test in my patch blades.  While that would solve the circle-8 problem, I really don't know what it would be like to try to do the other moves in patch blades.  I feel like I would be going REALLY fast and it would be scary.  Still, maybe it is worth a try.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home