Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Bronze Moves

 My lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult FS.  Pretty good ice, although, while it had been freshly zammed it was still kinda bumpy.  I had the first lesson.

I ran the whole test with no warmup but otherwise mostly like it was a test.  It actually went okay, and I did make it around on the circle-8.  After the runthrough we worked a bit more on the circle-8 and also the 5-step.  Also, Danette suggested that I move my power-3 start down the axis a bit; as it is, I do 4 and then I'm only at the far blue line; if I move the start down it's more centered and looks like I'm using more of the ice.  So we practiced that.

After my lesson, I stayed 'til the end of the session and worked more on the circle-8.  I tried running it in a not-so great part of the ice and I didn't make it around.  Ugh.  I also ran the 5-step some more; I am really on my toe on the BO edge.  Yuck.

After I got off and was drying my blades, I noticed that the back of the right blade is loose!  Just a bit.  Is this the cause of my issues?  Maybe, or maybe not.  I'm going to fix it, obviously, and hope that it is/was part of the problem, if not the whole cause.  We'll see.

Taking tomorrow off from skating as I've skated 4 days in a row and I feel like I need a break.

Testing Saturday early!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home