Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

3s

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Good ice, but a bit crowded (14-16 skaters). I warmed up with stroking and then ran the perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and circle-8 from the Bronze test (circle-8 was fine).

For today's lesson, we spent a little time going over the comments from the judges on my test.  For the perimeter XOs, circle-8 and BXOs to BO edges the comments either suggested that I was really nervous and it showed, or pointed out some things that are fairly easy to fix (e.g. the flats/BI edges on the BXOS to BO edges).

We're going to focus on improving my 3s and mohawks for the next few weeks and see how that goes.

After that conversation, we spent the remainder of our time working on the LFO3 by itself and then also in the context of the power-3.  We actually made some good progress!  Apparently I can do good 3s (at least on that side) when I really concentrate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home