Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Working The Weak Spots

 Coach Danette is out this week, and Coach Lynne was visiting so I had a figures lesson with her today on the Chandler adult FS.  8 skaters; ice was kind of rough for some reason.  I scribed circles, then warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- we worked on flow, and pushing harder. I definitely need to stand up straighter and get my hips forward/under me better.
  • step forward -- next, we worked on the step forward in the waltz-8.  Lynne had me practice just turning the head (my head does NOT want to turn) and body without doing the step, to build control.  Eeep.
  • BI8 -- finished up with these.  I need to keep the feet closer together on the push, and really bend the knees and dig in on the push.  Body position after that is okay.
A good lesson and nice to work with Lynne again after all this time!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home