Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Perseverance

 I skated the Chandler adult skate today for freestyle practice.  Good ice, about 10 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking, then worked on perimeter XOs.  I asked a judge friend to give me some feedback on the BXOs for this (from the video) and got some good points that made a lot of sense to me -- in particular, on the BXOs (and to some extend on the FXOs) the comment I got about 'too much 2 foot skating' is probably really more about having my weight firmly on one edge or the other so that I'm... on an edge, and not on flats.  That is, if you look at the pattern on the test form to really make those BI edges distinct and the change between them also distinct.  Anyway I worked on that and made some good progress I thought.  I also worked a bit on BXOs to BO edges and then some on my 3 turns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home