Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 05, 2021

Waltz-8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Still slightly foggy but ice was good.  About 10 skaters.  I had just enough time to scribe circles and do forward edges.

Today's lesson:

  • back edges -- pretty good!
  • waltz-8 -- pretty much all our time.  We worked on the 3s (especially the RFO3 that I had not worked on on Tuesday).  I really need to get myself to chill out about these if they are ever going to be good.  Ugh.  Then we worked on the step forward, especially from the RBO.  Ugh. I really need to stand up straight and lean back into the circle just a little.  It's such a struggle!
My schedule is going to be all over the place for the next few weeks between 3 competitions and school starting.  Eep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home