Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 29, 2021

FO8, FI8, BO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Nice ice and about 10 skaters.

I warmed up with edges and then scribed circles.  I had not skated patch for like 3 weeks so a little rusty, mostly on the FO8 edges.  Not bad though.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- Not so great.  Danette had me do them on my scribed circles, and then a random layout.  Had some issues with circle size, and I have some balance problems pushing onto the LFO; I tend to break at the waist a bit and be off balance.  Need to lock my core more and get down into the ice a bit more on the push.
  • FI8 - better.  Again, scribed circles and layout.  In general these are just better.
  • BO8 -- surprisingly not too bad.  Again, scribed circles and random layout.  I need to remember to flex the foot/ankle more after I pass the arms (while returning to center) so I have better control.
All in all not bad, especially for being off for a bit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home