Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 23, 2021

F8s, Posture & BO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 1:15 PM FS at Chandler.  Nice ice except where it was abused by the FitSkate folks :-) and 8 skaters.  I scribed circles and warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- eep.  A bit rough, and not good flow.  I was having a hard time staying on a good edge.  It got better though.
  • FI8 -- just a little time on these.  Mostly okay, but still not as good as they used to be. Grrr.
  • posture -- Danette had me push to a two-foot glide and then pick up one foot. We did this along the boards so I could see my reflection in the glass.  Aside from looking fat (lol) I really do need to stand up straighter.  We made some progress, I think, I just need to be more cognizant of this issue.
  • BO8 -- we finished up with these -- mostly working on posture. I have an issue when pushing to the subsequent circles where I don't push immediately to an outside edge so I have trouble getting speed.  The fix is that I need to turn the pushing foot before I set the new skating foot down (on an outside edge).  Much more power this way.
No freestyle lesson for me this week due to appointments, school starting, and competition this coming weekend.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home