Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Spins & Moves

 My lesson with Holly in our new timeslot, the 8:45 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  The schedule shows an 8:30 ice cut but it didn't happen, and when I asked I was told there was 'only one person here this morning' so they skipped it.  Of course it was clear from the ice that more than one person had skated on it..  But it was acceptable and we had private ice, so that was good.  I only bought the half hour so I didn't get more than a couple of minutes for warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- I got a really good one, then a bunch not so great, than another really good one.  So my consistency stinks but yay for finding my way back to a good one!
  • perimeter XOs -- working to integrate the fixes from my test feedback.  It's coming along but I need to work to stay on pattern in the FXOs.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- again, working to fix the flats/BI edges that the judges mentioned.  A good correction from Holly is to use that extended free leg to 'steer' onto the BO edge so I am getting a good, convincing curve.  This really helped.
All in all a good lesson. I'm trying to figure out how to work this as far as timing is concerned.  The 8:30 ice cut time means I could potentially skate for 30 minutes before my lesson, but I'd have to sit in the lobby during the ice cut, which would be annoying.  Or I can see if I can buy the 9:15 session as well (they're all 30 min sessions now).  I don't think I can stay 'til 9:45 though work wise, so I'd have to pay for 30 minutes and just use 15.  I do need more skating time though.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home