Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 13, 2021

Basics

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 2 p.m. FS (schedule change due to adult dance camp).  I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • pushing -- we worked on this some more, both forward and backward.  I really need to stand up straight!  Danette videoed me so I could see what it looks like.  Ugh.  I tend to really crouch forward for the first several feet before I can stand up straight.  I know it my head what it should look like, but that's not what's happening.  Ugh.  
  • FO8 -- these have really deteriorated.  I think it's a combination of lack of practice in patch and that I'm really out of shape right now.  Darn covid.  I was hoping to get back in the gym but not with cases being so high and no mask requirements AFAIK in the gym.  Ugh.
  • BO8 -- just a couple of minutes on these.  Meh.  Push is weak.
I'm really not happy with where I am in my skating right now.  I knew this was going to happen when school started, but still -- not happy at all.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home