Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 27, 2021

8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 1:15 FS.  Nice fresh ice, just 4 skaters.  I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

For today's lesson, we ran through my 8s (except waltz-8):

  • FO8 -- meh.  I did get around, so that was something.  A bit wobbly in places and my posture is still definitely lacking.
  • FI8 -- not bad.  Posture still a bit weak though.
  • BO8 -- couldn't make it around, but posture was a bit better.
  • BI8 -- better than I expected -- a really good push for the RBI but some real issues with control.  Eeep.
No lesson next week but hopefully I can at least skate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home