Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

LFO3

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert 8:45 a.m. FS (I skated two sessions).  Ice was just so-so.... again, no cut at 8:30 and it was a bit torn up -- on the other hand I did have private ice so that's nice.  I warmed up with stroking, circle-8, perimeter XOs and BXOs to BO edges.

For today's lesson, we spent all (yes, all!) our time on the LFO3.  After some initial failures, there was PROGRESS.  As in, I did a number of really good 3s!  We kept working them to get them more consistent.  By 'good' I mean that there was flow into and out of them, there was control, they weren't forced, and the free foot was close, not swingy.  

I'm really happy with this!  Hopefully I'll have some time to practice this this week.

In other news -- I've decided I'm not going to compete this season.  I am getting so little ice time due to school and work, and that's not going to change until May (with a short break at Christmas).  It's just not practical to work on programs, and anyway, I really want to fix my 3s and mohawks and test Bronze moves again.  So -- no competing for me this year.  It makes me a little sad, but I know it's for the best.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home