Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Jumps & FO3s

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert 8:45 a.m. FS.  Ice was meh.... private ice though.  I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and circle-8, then a couple of waltz jump.  I fell on the first one (couldn't hold the landing) which hadn't happened in a long time.  No harm, no foul.

Today's lesson:

  • FO3s -- still working on these.  I got the LFO3 back in just 3-4 tries.  RFO3 is still a work in progress, mostly my mental state to really try it.  Ugh.
  • jumps -- a couple of nice waltz jump, and then a pretty good salchow!  I was jazzed. 
I'm really heartened to be making on these 3s, and hoping that my lack of ice time isn't hurting my MITF skills otherwise.  In a couple of weeks we should be able to take my 'fixed' FO3s for a spin the power-3s and I imagine that will take some work also.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home